Thursday, August 06, 2009

Jean Genet

"Every premeditated murder is always governed by a preparatory ceremonial and is always followed by propiatory ceremonial. The meaning of both eludes the murderers mind."

"If Divine is willing to see in her man anything other than a hot, purplish member, it is because she can follow its stiffness, which extends to the anus, and can sense that it goes further into his body, that this is the body of Darling erect and terminating in a pale, tired face, a face of eyes, nose, mouth, flat cheeks, curly hair, beads of sweat."
- Our Lady of the Flowers

"Certain acts dazzle us and light up blurred surfaces if our eyes are keen enough to see them in a flush, for the beauty of a living thing can be grasped only fleetingly. To pursue it during its changes leads us inevitably to the moment when it ceases, for it cannot last a lifetime. And to analyze it, that is, to pursue it in time with the sight and the imagination, is to view it in its decline, for after the thrilling moment in which it reveals itself it diminishes in meaning."

"My childhood was dead and with it died the poetic powers that had dwelt in me. I no longer hoped that prison would remain the fabulous world it had long been. One day I realized from certain signs that it was losing its charm, which meant perhaps that I was being transformed, that my eyes were opening to the usual view of the world. I saw prison as any ordinary roughneck sees it. It is a dungeon where I rage at being locked up, but today, in the hole, instead of reading "Tattoed Jean" on the wall of the cell, I read, because of a malformation of the letters carved in the plaster, "Tortured Jean."
- Miracle of the Rose

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home